Brampton-en-le-Morthen



Farmhouse
Brampton-en-le-Morthen Rotherham

© Unknown

Brampton-en-le-Morthen Rotherham

© Old Rotherham 2013

Brampton Road / Toad Lane

Address
Brampton-en-le-Morthen
Rotherham
S66
Google Maps
Notes
The name Brampton en le Morthen is possibly derived from 'Brantone', a farmstead in the broom. It does not have its own church (so technically it is a hamlet rather than a village) and is part of the Ulley parish 2 miles away, featured elsewhere on this site, and presumably where marriages, christenings, and burials would be recorded (although to complicate matters for genealogists it was a detached part of the parish of Treeton before 1852). ©J31.co.uk