The Colin / Sir Colin Campbell



ALTTEXT Rotherham

© Rotherham Family History Society

ALTTEXT Rotherham

© Old Rotherham 2011


Address
Old Wortley Road
Rotherham
S61 1NQ
Google Maps
Notes
The earliest mention of the Sir Colin Cambell is from 1858. Named after Field Marshall Sir Colin Campbell for the part he played in the relief of Lucknow. Find out more at Wikepedia.
CAMRA'a What Pub site description states "Former Hardy & Hanson locals pub refurbished by Greene King pub, but retaining two distinct rooms. Dating from at least 1858 and named Sir Colin Campbell after the Field Marshall's part in the relief of Lucknow in 1837, it now officially bears its former local nickname. It is a thriving local that serves the estate on the outskirts of town and is home to sports clubs, quiz nights, poker nights and games nights. There is an outside area at the rear of the pub. The two real ales are always from the Greene King stable. Handy for Keppel's Column, Kimberworth Manor and Grange Golf Course. Lease owned by Chris windle's Your Friendly Local Ltd as are the nearby Droppingwell and the Sitwell Arms at Whiston."